Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yeouio Part 1

Yes, I know that it has been a while since I have updated my blog, but I have been so busy lately that I really haven't had much time to sit down and write about everything that has been going on.  Until now.  Even still, I only have an hour before I have to meet a friend for dinner and so I won't be able to write everything.  So here's what I can do for now:

April 10 
On this day I met up with Taylor and some of his friends to check out the Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival.  It was not a very good day for it as the weather was unusually cold and there were few blossoms on the trees.  Still, we managed to have a lot of fun and I got some decent pictures out of it.  
This is the Yeouido area and the Han River.  People were still out biking despite the frigid weather. 





Wow!  A cherry blossom!  Yes, I did alter this photograph.  But I like it.  
Bridge at the Han River 

There's a little recreation area in the middle of the park landing.  You can rent tandem and single bikes (as seen in the first picture).  These kids had the thrill of riding through the shallow water.  If I had a bike (and it was warmer out) I would totally do that too.  

Instead I got to play on this.   
Because the bench is only balanced in the middle it's almost like a see-saw.
***
Taylor is going to Korean class with this girl from China and she brought along her two friends.  Upon meeting me, one of the Chinese girls gave me a Chinese name which she said means "romantic and free" because she said that was her first impression of me.  It was really sweet.  There was also this other guy that I think was from Africa and said he speaks 6 languages!  Pretty impressive.

After walking around for about 2 hours we were hungry and ready for an early dinner.  Not surprisingly, I had a craving for Mexican food so I suggested that we go to Hongdae for some Dos Tacos.  It was the Chinese girls and the African dude's first time eating Mexican food and they loved it.  I did too.  

Then we went out for a drink in Hongdae at Ho Bar.  Ho Bar is just a typical chain bar and our experience there was only mediocre at best.  They played terrible American rap music that the bartender knew all the words to, the cocktail waitress was standoffish and unhelpful, but most importantly, they were out of the first 3 or 4 drinks that we tried to order.  I wouldn't go back there any time soon.  

After that I had to call it a night since I was tired and had to wake up early the next day.  On my way back I stopped at the central plaza area of Hongdae and watched a free music performance.  The music was ok but there was a male tap dancer and that made it awesome.  
***

Next entry: Dad's visit to Korea

2 comments:

  1. Love the cherry blossom photo and the one of you on that silly bench.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way behind on commenting... but just wanted to say that I love these pictures. Riding the bikes around in the water looks like lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete