Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bulletin Board

At some point during winter vacation I realized that I hadn't really put much effort into teaching here in Korea at all.  I do minimal lesson planning because it is, for the most part, scripted and I didn't need to decorate the classroom because when I arrived it was the middle of the semester and it was already done for me.  


But I wanted to change that.  I wanted to come out of this job knowing that I tried and I put a good effort forth and, I do admit, that teachers would have good things to say about me in a possible letter of recommendation.  

One way that I decided to implement an effort was to make a monthly bulletin board.  It's a small thing and one that few students would care about but I know that it's something that *I* would enjoy and it would enable me to have a tiny bit of creativity here.  

So behold my March bulletin board!  

Yes, in case you were wondering, I did cut out all those shamrocks, created the rainbow and colored all those leprechauns by hand.  And yes, the design is all my own.  

Since it is now April, today I completed my April/Easter bulletin board and if I remember to bring my camera to school tomorrow I will show you that too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment