Sunday, April 4, 2010

Seoul Pillow Fight

Yesterday, April 3, 2010 was International Pillow Fight Day.  A few weeks ago I saw an event posting on Facebook for it and decided to participate.  According to Facebook there should have been well over 700 people there, but my estimates were much smaller, somewhere around 300 or so.  

The pillow fighting was tough stuff.  I was under the impression that participants would stick to the age-old rule that you never hit someone in the head (especially a lady!) but clearly this was not the case.  Immediately upon entering the mosh pit I was whacked and pillow-slapped in the head.  Over and over I was being head-bashed from behind.  Not cool.  I think I lasted about 2 minutes in there before I gave up in disgust and stood with the rest of the spectators taking pictures.  





Pillow fighting and flying feathers




5 comments:

  1. Awesome and cool! Wish I had heard about it beforehand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So who puts on an event like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure, but according to the pillow fight day website, it appears that anyone who wants to be the official sponsor for their city can do so.

    http://www.pillowfightday.com/2010/seoul

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks awesome! i will have to check it out next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY... you ended up taking your camera after all. thanks for sharing these. Looks like crazyness. Glad you got out of the mosh pit safely. And how dare they hit you on the head !!! :p

    ReplyDelete