Sunday, May 9, 2010

World DJ Festival


This weekend I went to the 4th World DJ festival with my buddy Matt.  We got to the festival at around 5:15pm and I got back home from the festival at .. oh, 5:00am. Needless to say, it was a long and crazy night.  

I didn't know any of the DJ's that were playing so I was really there for the experience and because I love outdoor music festivals.  

I only brought along my little camera since I didn't want my nice one to be stolen so the quality of the night photos is sub-par.  I wish I could capture how many people there were at the main stage.  Thousands and thousands.  There was 1 large stage, 1 medium stage, and 2 small stages.  I didn't even discover the second small stage until I was trying to find my way out of the venue and accidentally stumbled upon it instead.  We spent most of our time between the main stage and the Jagermeister medium stage.  I was appreciative of my sitting mat I bought at Home Plus a few weeks ago.  It came in handy for saving our spot on the grass and maintaining an easy gathering point for whenever we got separated from each other (and we did-- often.) 

Here is a photo of Matt and me.   


5 comments:

  1. So what exactly is the World DJ festival? Just a place for DJ's to put on music (you know which IPODS and computers)? Or is it more old school than that?

    Looks like it was a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not totally sure, but i think for the most part they just used some vinyl and did some overlays and scratching and basic Dj moves. No one seemed all that amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were the DJ's all Korean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, there was one set from Australia, one set from Germany, one from Japan and some other countries as well. None of them to my knowledge were very well-known though.

    ReplyDelete