Sunday, May 23, 2010

Girlie Day

On Friday Nicole and I had a luxurious day of relaxation and bliss.  



We started out at the Flying Pan brunch spot in Itaewon.  I loved this place!  

  


Unlike Butterfingers which is very modern in its decor, the Flying Pan is cute with a classic country cottage style that doesn't go overboard.  There are many restaurants and coffee shops in Korea that take the cute and make it obnoxious.  Flying Pan is not in that category.  





I ordered the eggs benedict (without the ham) and although it wasn't the layered benedict on English muffins that I was expecting, it was quite good.  My only complaint was that I wish the tomato had been sliced so that I could better eat it on my benedict.  





Nicole got some kind of salad and an Americano.  We each also got the little potato salad on the side.  I normally don't like potato salad, but this may have been some of the best potato salad I have ever tasted!  


Our bill for the meal came to about w44,000 total ($36.86).  True, it's not cheap, but it was a splurge day.  

After our delicious brunch we took a short taxi ride to Hannam-dong to go to Spa Day.   I'd highly recommend this place as well.  (see website)  I got the Package D which was a full body massage, facial, and foot massage and cost me w150,000 ($125 -- much cheaper than in the US for a nice place like it was).  Nicole got a back/neck/shoulders massage and a pedicure.  We were there for 2.5 hours!  It was perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment