Wednesday, October 21, 2009

On my way, so it seems

After I had a completely and utterly uneventful weekend I resolved to make some changes.

The first thing I did was join the Seoul Hiking Group (on Facebook). I also joined the Seoul Travel & Culture group on Meet-Up. And this weekend I have booked and paid for my first group hike to Seoraksan Natational Park which is supposed to be absolutely stunning this time of year due to the Autumn colors. I will leave Friday at midnight, take a 4-hour bus ride and start hiking in darkness to see the sunrise. We come back Saturday evening.

I also resolved to start really working on my book and documentary, both of which are still just ideas right now, but have major potential to be something amazing.

When I get my next paycheck on the 25th of the month (just a few days from now) I will march myself over to the Welfare Center (think "well-being" or a YMCA) and sign up for the gym. I will also look into 1. Korean language classes, 2. art classes, and 3. Korean cooking classes.

I have a LOT of free time on my hands now, much more than I used to when I was juggling grad school and three part-time jobs. I can--and will--make something of my time here.

2 comments:

  1. :~) Refer to "Super Me" photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tired just thinking about all of those activities. You should know that one of the great joys in life comes from being able to learn from one's child(ren). You inspire me to do more-thanks!

    ReplyDelete