Wednesday, July 28, 2010

White Water Rafting

This past weekend I went white water rafting and river trekking.  It was very fun.  I've been rafting a few times before but I had never been river trekking.  

What is river trekking, you ask?  Well, in this case it was the following: hike up a mountain for longer than preferred in the hot and humid weather.  at the top, decide to jump off a bridge into the water below.  think it's no big deal.  stand on the bridge.  feel legs tremble and freak out.  jump anyway.  realize it wasn't so bad.  walk in river downstream for a long long time.  find rocks to slide down and additional rocks to jump off of.  walk on trails when river trekking gets tiring.  walk walk walk some more.  swim in water.  walk more.  the end. 

dorktastic river rafting

river trekking with a thousand other trekkers 

The other noteworthy thing is that we got to stay in a beautiful pension.  This house turned pension was so stunning I could have spent way more than just 1 day there.  Life felt just a little bit slower while at that pension and it was great.  Living outside of 10-million strong Seoul, you really have to escape to the countryside sometimes.  




3 comments:

  1. I hope you guys have a good time in that place ^_^. outdoor adventure is really tiring, but its fun and memorable.. nice blog. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm also living in Yeongtong. I found your blog by searching in google "Yeongtong". Your blog is really great and interesting to me. Do you mind if i follow you? I'm so happy to find someone who lives in the same town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nam-Sik! Of course you are welcome to follow me. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete