Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Pocketful of Adventure

This past weekend I went on an organized trip with the company "Daegu Pockets."  At w115,000 ($95) the trip was a little pricy but I think it was worth the money because I had a great time and got to do things I know I otherwise would not have managed to do on my own. 

At 11am we met at the Sports Complex Station which is great because as far as Seoul goes, it's one of the closer stations to my home.  Apparently a group of 20 people canceled at the last minute and so our group comprised of just 4 other girls.  No big deal though.  

After horrendous traffic from Seoul we finally arrived in the Gapyeong area (가평) at about 3 or 4pm.  It should not have taken that long, but whatever.  At about 5ish we had a paintball game.  I had wanted to do paintballing for a long time but it turns out it's not quite my thing.  To understand how I felt about this game you might want to picture me in the fetal position screaming "stop stop stop!"  Ok, I didn't do that, but it's how I felt.  I got hit in the head, the ankle, and my forearm, all of which left little bruises on me.  I'm glad I did it, but now I know: never again.  

After paintballing it was time to ride ATV's.  Now this I liked!  Besides the fact that I felt bad for the environment I was polluting unnecessarily,  I had an awesome time.  (Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I can't show any pictures.  Hopefully one of the girls will send them to me.)

At night we went to a batting cage and played a few rounds.  I kicked ass since I have been going to the cages on a weekly basis for a while now.  It's addicting!  

Then we went to some small amusement park thing in Changdong with a pirate ship ride, a haunted house, and a ride that would never be allowed in the U.S.  Basically you sit on a bench without a seatbelt or harness of any kind and you spin around and around and bounce up and down.  I guess what makes the ride so awesome is the commentary the ride conductor is saying, but of course I couldn't understand.  




The next day we slept in until about 9am and then got ready to go wakeboarding.  It was raining a little bit when we got there but it stopped and was considerably nice out.  I was elected to go first on the wakeboard because I had the most waterskiing experience.  
oh yeah.  

After wakeboarding we went tubing behind the boat.  I didn't take a picture and I can't seem to find one on the internet but that was also super fun.  We flew so high in the air for a prolonged period of time that it was almost like flying.  

When we got home to Seoul it was about 6pm or so.  A very fun weekend.  I sure do love me some adventure sports!         

No comments:

Post a Comment