Sunday, December 20, 2009

Talent Show

On Wednesday December 9th the students partook in an all-day talent show. My school doesn't have an auditorium, nor does it have a cafeteria so there is no indoor gathering place for all the students at one time. Thus, the shows were conducted in the students' classrooms. They used to invite the parents to the shows, but I guess it got to be too much and so they don't do that anymore.

As the English teacher my job was to go around to the different classes and take pictures. As much as I wanted to see the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders do their performances I knew I couldn't. I was already so much of a distraction in the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade classrooms that I teach, I knew that going to visit the little 1st graders would cause near hysteria amongst them.



Fifth graders hanging out before the talent show




 Most of the girls did some kind of dance act...




...while most of the boys did Taekwondo


And all the kids sat with their  eyes glued on their classmates...
...mostly


This boy was awesome at the nunchucks



He is doing Taekwondo.  He is "jumping and kicking."
 (5th grade textbook joke)



The teachers were not as awesome at Taekwondo.
Check out the kids' faces!
I actually was able to kick the plywood in half on the first try.  It's not as hard as it looks :)

Some kids played musical instruments, some kids sang songs, while others did magic shows and plays.

And some dressed up as animals.


All in all, it was a great day!


Grade 5, Class 4 (I think) 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pictures... its nice to see what other cultures do in their classrooms :)

    The jumping and kicking action shot is awesome.

    Do you have a new camera yet or are you not going to get one?

    ReplyDelete