Monday, December 7, 2009

1/4 Already

Welp!  Hard to believe but I have been here for 3 months now which marks my 1/4 point.  I guess I've still only just begun...

Still, there is a lot to be said for the 3 months that I have been here.  I have had many ups and downs.  Living in a foreign country is hard.  Really, really hard.  And I think it's even harder if you do it on your own.



























I've learned more about myself.  I learned that I can surprise myself with courage.  I have learned that it's ok to do things by yourself.  And I have.  I've done a LOT by myself.  But I also know that if I'm not careful I could spend entirely too much time alone in my apartment reading, watching movies, and sleeping.  I sleep a lot in Korea in order to pass the time.  I learned that I like teaching even though I'm pretty sure I'm not all that great at it.  Kids don't love me, but I don't think they hate me either.  I'm convinced teaching would be easier if I spoke the same language as the kids I was teaching, but I can't be sure.  I've realized that I'm not willing to do what it takes to join a clique/group of friends even though it's something I desire.

It's officially winter here in Korea.  It snowed on Saturday with big soft white flakes that stuck to the ground.  A few hours later though the sun came out and most of the snow melted.


   <---From the roof of my apartment building 

1 comment:

  1. This blog be blowin up, yo. I can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete