Sunday, June 13, 2010

World Cup begins

Yesterday was South Korea's first game in the 2010 World Cup.  At 8:30pm S. Korea played against Greece.  I had considered going to Gwanghawmun for the festivities but decided against it.  More and more I realize that I am not a city person and that I don't like crowds.  The thought of rallying for Korea with millions and millions of fans made me nauseous rather than excited like everyone else.  Thus, I opted to go to Suwon's World Cup Stadium instead where I was sure to avoid the craziness of Seoul.  As it turns out, the stadium was less crowded that I had anticipated and I was a little disappointed, but oh well.  We still had a really fun time and the best part -- South Korea won !!


I geared up for the game with my Korea t-shirt, Korea socks, and Korea temporary tattoos. 


 

2 comments:

  1. yeah i went to seoul plaza and i hated it. so crowded... i left at 9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! Did you end up watching it at a bar or something instead? I liked watching it in the stadium because it was almost like watching a real game. Plus, I got to sit down the whole time.

    ReplyDelete