Sunday, March 7, 2010

K-Pop love

Back in September I showed you two of my favorite videos at the time from Big Bang.  Since then my feelings about K-Pop have gone up and down in waves (much like my general experience in Korea).  Sometimes I love the bubblegum fun of the pop music, other times it makes my head spin and I want to vomit.  After all, I never listened to much pop in the US either, preferring indie rock or the adult contemporary radio channels.

But this one here is a song I can wrap my head around.  I started listening to it in December around Christmas time and I still love it.  And finally I know what it means because someone added the English lyrics!! 


Um, and I guess there is a Lollipop 2 now..?  Not as good as the original. 



This song plagued the country for months... 


And on another note, I have been in Korea for exactly 6 months now.  6 down and 6 to go ^o^   

2 comments:

  1. wow that lollipop song is freaking addicting and hilarious at the same time.

    -Brie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lollipop songs are Mobile Phone commercials. Lollipop 2 is for the new lollipop phone by LG. Crazy. The song Chocolate Love by SNSD (Girl's Generation) is a phone ad as well. It's an interesting trend...write a song using the product name and then release the product...then...snap...everyone buys the phones (or anything else...one Big Bang film clip (Sunset Glow) features government slogans prompting people to swim in the West Sea again (after some sort of spill or contamination)).

    I love my K-Pop as well...and really enjoy the clever integration of marketing and music (enjoy in a wtf kind of way I guess).

    ReplyDelete