Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Part 1

Today, Thursday October 26th, is Thanksgiving.

At school I traced my hand on the whiteboard and drew a turkey with a bright red wattle.  Next to it I wrote "Happy Thanksgiving!"

One kid came up to me and informed me that my picture did not look like a turkey.  But then a girl interjected and said that when she went to Kindergarten in Texas they drew turkeys like that too.  So yes, while it is true that the hand cut-outs do not look like a turkey, they damn-well are anyway.

Shortly after I got home from school I took a taxi to the Ingadong Home Plus and walked to the Korean buffet dinner that was organized by the Suwon Vegetarian Club.  I was a little weary about having Thanksgiving in a Korean restaurant, but it only cost w7,000 for an all-you-can-eat buffet and the prices at the Outback Steakhouse could not compare.




Behold my fabulous Thanksgiving feast!!  Ok, not so fabulous, but edible nonetheless.

To the right of the watermelon slice is some Ambrosia salad, corned mashed potatoes, a Korean pancake, coleslaw, 2 pieces of Tteokbokki, and some stir fry mix with broccoli.

I also had 2 bowls of pumpkin soup.






Hah!  Mashed potatoes and pumpkin soup.
I do declare a Thanksgiving meal after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment