Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gettin' my fortune told

Since coming to Korea I've been itching to get my fortune told.  I have seen fortune tellers everywhere, from on the street, in coffee shops, and even inside the grocery store.  Finally, I had my chance to go!  Yoonmi and I have been having a weekly language exchange since mid-October and though my Korean has hardly improved at all (since I never study it..) she has been gracious and patient with me every week.  More than learning the language I am so grateful to have her as a friend.  


So last week instead of sitting down at Angel In Us coffee shop as we always do, we went to a tea shop for our fortunes.  I loved this tea shop!  The decor was so relaxing and peaceful which I later decided is the way it should be when you are getting your fortune told.  

 
Check out that sweet ceiling! :D 

There is only one fortune teller at the shop and she has to go from table to table for the readings.  Yoonmi and I entertained ourselves by doing what the Koreans do best: taking lots and LOTS of photos of ourselves.  I'll spare you the twenty some-odd photos and just show you a few of my favorites.  
Haha.  
 Yoonmi! <3 
 

Yoonmi is fluent in English and she's an amazing person.  Currently, she is learning Spanish since she conquered the English language.  











My numerology fortune told me the following things summed up here very briefly: 
- I am stubborn but it is because I have very strong morals that I am not willing to compromise. I was born in the year of the pig so I am honest and frank.  
- I will have a lot of money in my future.  So will my husband.  He might be a banker of some sort.   
- I am like a tree: rooted but branching out (?) 
- I am like two monkeys and a dog: I am wild and adventurous, but I am loyal and kind. 
- I will not get married until I am in my 30's.
- The best people for me to date this year are either those that are 31, 23, or 22.  

The reading was fun and interesting.  And for just w10,000 (which included the reading and two cups of tea) I think it was a great deal.  

If you are in the Suwon area and are interested in going to this place, walk down the main street of Suwon Station for about 2 blocks.  It is directly across the street from the Starbucks/Citi Bank/Pizza Hut.  It is on the second floor of the building.  

3 comments:

  1. So, add a post when you have confirmation of the "fortune" ... as to the "wild and crazy" - that is most likey accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, wait a minute! It says "wild and adventurous" not "wild and crazy" !!

    I demand you ammend your comment, oh anonymous one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will ammend to: wild, adventurous, and crazy! You are, in fact very, fortunate.

    ReplyDelete